Spring is in the air! And pretty soon mosquitos will be in the air, too. Everyone can think of at least one good reason they don’t want mosquitos hanging around: The annoying, itchy bug bites. But can you think of ten good reasons why you should banish these nuisances from your landscape?
Here’s our top ten list of why we recommend our mosquito reduction treatments this Spring:
- For the second year in a row, Atlanta has ranked as the worst city in the U.S. for mosquitoes – although it depends on how you measure. If you are judging by the volume of mosquito-related Twitter complaints, Midwestern cities take the lead. We’re not sure if that’s an accurate way to measure mosquito populations or how much people like to complain.
- About 65 different kinds of mosquito live here in Georgia.
- The active ingredient in our mosquito reduction treatment is a synthetic reproduction of a substance derived from chrysanthemums. This same basic ingredient is found in a variety of household products.
- Mosquitos live up to 3-4 weeks, and during that time female mosquitos can keep reproducing and biting people multiple times.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to sweat and carbon dioxide, and it’s really hard to avoid sweating or breathing when you’re outside.
- According to the experts at the CDC, the best defense is a good offense when it comes to mosquitos. They recommend applying repellants and making sure your landscape is clear of standing water, which is an ideal breeding ground for mosquitos.
- Experts also recommend wearing long-sleeve shirts and pants as protection from mosquito bites. But if you use our mosquito reduction treatments, you can wear whatever you want.
- Aside from being an itchy nuisance, there are some real health risks associated with mosquito bites, including the West Nile Virus, Zika virus, Chikungunya virus and other mosquito-borne diseases.
- Mosquitos are more likely to bite pregnant women because they have a higher body temperature and emit more carbon dioxide than other people. Mosquitos also love to bite active kids and pets. We think mosquitos should pick on someone their own size.
- You will be able to enjoy your landscape SO MUCH MORE without those annoying little buggers!
Ready to schedule your mosquito reduction treatments this Spring? Contact us today to sign up for our mosquito management plan.
We apply mosquito reduction treatments every three to four weeks throughout the full mosquito season, April through October (weather permitting, of course).