Fall is a great time of the year to add snaps of color to your landscape. If your weekends are hectic and don’t allow time for digging in the dirt, no problem! Our clients don’t even needs to pencil in a trip to the local home and garden store – the Handy Andy Outdoors team can provide the plants and the labor for seasonal color. Our team of professional landscapers can efficiently install a variety of plants that will add curb appeal to your house and a smile to your day.
Our long growing season here in northern Atlanta means a variety of plants thrive in our climate this time of year. Here’s a list of popular plants known for Fall color, just to name a few:
- Pansies, which are hardier than the name implies. These flowers come in a variety of colors and patterns, and will survive light frosts. These versatile plants do well in flower beds or containers.
- Violas, a vigorous, optimistic-looking plant that thrives in borders, flowerbeds or containers.
- Oak Leaf Hydrangeas, as the plant’s leaves turn bright red and the flowers fade to a subdued pink year after year.
- Ornamental grasses which come in a variety of colors and textures. These perennials will add texture and interest to your landscape for years to come, and are also great for providing privacy.
- Ornamental cabbage and flowering kale, which offer textured leaves in purple, pink, white and green. While edible, these are not as palatable as other varieties and are typically used for decoration and garnishes.
Not sure where to start? A great first step is to pick a color palette. You may prefer contrasting colors for a striking presentation, or a harmonious warm or cool color palette. For example, warm colors- such as reds, oranges and yellows -can create a cohesive theme, as do cool colors such as blue and purple. White is a welcome addition to any warm or cool color scheme.
Next, select the best place to plant your accent plants. You’ll get the most mileage out of highly trafficked areas, such as your mailbox, driveway, walkways or a cluster of planters by the front door.
Finally, plant your Fall color now! The sooner your Fall color is installed, the longer you can enjoy the scenery. Contact us today to schedule installation of Fall color in your landscape.